Yield: 12 servings
- 3 cups fresh blood or navel orange sections
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups fresh orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups champagne
- 1 (5-ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Arrange orange sections in a lightly oiled 8- to 10-cup ring mold; set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup orange juice in a large bowl; stir and let stand 1 minute.
- Bring remaining 1 1/2 cups orange juice and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring constantly; stir into gelatin mixture. Stir in champagne. Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg white; pour over orange sections in mold. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Unmold onto a serving plate lined with mixed salad greens. Place strawberries in the center of the mold.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note