Million Dollar Pound Cake
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose soft-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- 2. Add flour to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in extracts. Pour into a lightly greased and floured 9-inch round cake pan.
- 3. Bake at 300° for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely (about 1 hour).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings