Milk Punch Frozen Custards
For a formal fete, freeze the custards in elegant wine glasses or brandy snifters. For a casual gathering, use small milkshake glasses or punch cups.
More From Southern Living
Total: 6 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 3 large pasteurized eggs
- 2 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, freshly grated nutmeg, red sugar crystals
- 1. Pour water to depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer. Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and next 4 ingredients in top of double boiler over simmering water, and cook, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; cool completely, stirring often.
- 2. Meanwhile, beat cream at high speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until soft peaks form. Stir one-third whipped cream into cooled egg mixture until blended. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon mixture into 8 (8-oz.) cups or glasses, filling half full; cover with plastic wrap. Freeze 6 hours to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note