Milk Gravy (accompanies Nutty Fried Chicken)
"A Taste of Asheville" by Michael Hastings Tupelo Honey Cafe releases its first cookbook, featuring creative Southern comfort food. Winston-Salem Journal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour and whisk to combine. Increase heat to medium and stir the mixture constantly for 2 minutes. Be sure that the mixture does not brown. 2. Slowly whisk in the milk. Add the salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens and coats the spoon. Add the black pepper and cayenne. Taste and add more salt if needed. Remove from the heat and serve or cool and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note