I made this for my neighbors and friends at work. I used dark chocolate instead of milk, and had to use candy canes, because I didn't have enough of the soft mint balls. It was a hit. I have given out the recipe to 3 people already. Even my daughter who dislikes dark chocolate loved it!
Milk Chocolate-Peppermint Bark
More From Southern Living
6 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 (11.5-oz.) packages milk chocolate morsels
- 12 cream-and-mint-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, broken into pieces
- 1 cup small pretzel sticks
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped soft peppermint candies, divided
- Line 1 (15- x 10-inch) jelly-roll pan with parchment paper; grease with butter. Microwave milk chocolate morsels in a large bowl at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 45-second intervals. Gently stir in cookie pieces, pretzel sticks, and 3/4 cup coarsely chopped candies. Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup coarsely chopped candies. Let stand until firm (about 6 hours). Break or cut into pieces. Store in a cool place up to 3 days.
- Note: We tested with Oreo Double Delight Mint 'N Creme Cookies. Do not freeze bark. Freezing will cause a powdery white coating called bloom.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Candy