Milk Chocolate Mousse Filling
More From Food & Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup chilled heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, melted and cooled
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let stand until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the cream until softly whipped. Refrigerate until chilled, about 10 minutes.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, heat the coffee liqueur at high power until hot, about 45 seconds. Stir in the softened gelatin until dissolved.
- In another medium bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and salt at high speed until pale and thickened, about 5 minutes. While beating the yolks, beat in the coffee-gelatin liquid; scrape the side and bottom of the bowl. Beat in the melted chocolate. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped cream in 2 additions. Scrape the mousse into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This