- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (about 40 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 2 pints dulce de leche ice cream, softened and divided (we tested with Häagen-Dazs)
- 1 cup Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted and divided
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 (7-ounce) can sweetened whipped cream (we tested with Redi Whip)
- 3/4 cup Homemade Caramel Sauce
How to Make It
Combine crumbs and melted butter in a small mixing bowl; stir well. Press crumbs in bottom of a 9" x 3" springform pan. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
Spoon 1 pint dulce de leche ice cream into cooled crust, and spread evenly; drizzle 1/3 cup Homemade Caramel Sauce over ice cream, and sprinkle with 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Freeze 15 minutes or until ice cream is almost firm. Repeat procedure with chocolate ice cream, 1/3 cup Caramel Sauce, and remaining pecans; freeze until almost firm. Top with remaining dulce de leche ice cream and 1/3 cup Caramel Sauce. Cover and freeze 6 hours or up to 2 weeks in advance.
Before serving, remove sides and bottom of pan; transfer pie to a serving platter. Top with sweetened whipped cream. Place 3/4 cup Homemade Caramel Sauce in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until warm. Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce over each serving.