Mile-High Lemon Meringue Pie
This lemon pie is piled high with a layer of billowy meringue.
Yield: Serves 8
- 1/2 (15-oz.) pkg. refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 5 eggs, seperated
- 1 (2.9-oz.) cook-and-serve lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- Unroll piecrust according to package directions. Fit into 9" pie plate. Fold edges under and flute. Prick bottom and sides with a fork. Bake at 450 degrees until golden. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Whisk together sour cream and egg yolks in a medium saucepan; stir in lemon pudding mix, milk and lemonade concentrate. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened. Reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes or until very thick. Remove from heat; cover and keep hot.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Beat in sugar, one tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Pour hot filling into prepared crust. Dollop meringue onto hot filling. Lightly spread dollops together n decorative swirls, completely sealing meringue to pie-crust.
- Bake at 325° for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden. Cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts