- 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Spread 1 cup pecans into a 9-inch circle on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bring sugar and next 3 ingredients to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture is golden brown and a candy thermometer registers 290° to 310° (about 15 minutes). Pour sugar mixture over pecans on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with morsels; let stand 30 seconds. Spread melted morsels evenly over top; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Chill 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container.
- Bourbon-Pecan Toffee: Substitute 1/4 cup bourbon for 1/4 cup water. Proceed as directed.
- Almond Toffee: Substitute 1 cup chopped toasted slivered almonds for 1 cup chopped pecans to sprinkle on baking sheet. Substitute 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds for 1/2 cup chopped pecans to sprinkle over chocolate. Proceed as directed.
- Hawaiian Toffee: Substitute 1 cup chopped toasted macadamia nuts for 1 cup chopped pecans to sprinkle on baking sheet. Substitute 1/2 cup toasted sweetened flaked coconut for 1/2 cup chopped pecans to sprinkle over chocolate. Proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Candy