Mike's homemade Chili
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 pound(s) bulk italian sausage
- 1/2 of a whole(s) smoked sausage (chopped into 1/2 cubes)
- 2 15 oz can(s) red kidney beans
- 1 15 oz can(s) cannellini beans
- 1 15 oz can(s) pinto beans
- 2 28 oz can(s) diced tomatos with juice
- 1 15 oz can(s) spicey diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 6 oz can(s) tomato paste
- 1 12 oz bottle(s) light beer
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 3 - 4 stalk(s) celery (chopped)
- 2 - 3 fresh jalapino chili peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 5 cube(s) beef boullion
- 1/3 cup(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 3 teaspoon(s) tobasco sauce (add more for spicier chili if you wish)
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 package(s) Goya seasoning
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 8 oz package(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a large stock pot. Add minced garlic and stir until lightly browned.
- Add chopped smoked sausage and stir until lightly browned.
- Add onion, red and green bell peppers and celery. Cook and stir on medium high until just tender. (About 2 to 3 minutes)
- Crumble italian sausage and ground meat into pot and cook while stirring often until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Add diced tomatos and beer. Add tomato paste and stir gently until blended.
- Add beans, chili peppers, boullion, chili powder, worchestershire sauce, oregano, cumin, tobasco sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, sugar and Goya seasoning packet. Stir gently until blended.
- Heat until chili just starts to boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently on low for 2 hours stirring often as the heavier ingredients will settle to the bottom while simmering. The longer it simmers, the better it will be.
- Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate overnight and serve the next day.
- Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle top with shredded cheddar cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MikeonCapeCod and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mike's homemade Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes