Mike's Darn Good Chili (with meat)
- 2 pound(s) Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) all purpose flour
- 1 pound(s) Beef Sirloin or Bison Sirloin cubed into .5" chunks
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 whole(s) white onion diced
- 5-6 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 cup(s) banana peppers chopped
- 2-3 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 1 whole(s) red bell pepper chopped
- 1 whole(s) yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) chili powder (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) ground chipotle chili
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- .5 cup(s) banana pepper juice
- 1 can(s) 15 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s) 15 oz. black beans
- 1 can(s) 15 oz. pinto beans
- 1 can(s) 15 oz. kidney beans
- 1 can(s) 7 oz. corn
- In a large stock pot sauté the onions and garlic with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil until onions become translucent.
- Add ground beef with Worcestershire sauce and juice from banana pepper jar stirring constantly until ground beef reaches a fine consistency (you can also add the spices at this time if you desire). Bring to a slow boil for about 10 minutes. While ground beef boils, dredge steak chunks in 1 Tbs flour. Add steak to pot, mixing so the chunks separate. Let boil another 10 minutes.
- Add diced bell peppers, chopped banana peppers, and chopped celery. Mix and let the veggies stew with the meat for a few minutes.
- Add canned items -- tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, and corn (add spices if you have not already). Bring to a boil for 3-5 minutes, then turn down heat and let the chili simmer for anywhere from 1 to 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- FYI: The spice amounts are for a nice basic chili, you can always add more or less of any of them to your personal taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kellie80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mike's Darn Good Chili (with meat) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes