More From Southern Living
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 10.7g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 21.8mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 384mg
- Calcium: 280mg
- 1/3 cup lightly crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded 2% reduced-fat Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1. Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or just until onion is translucent.
- 2. Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper. Add to skillet, and cook, without stirring, 1 to 2 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Gently draw cooked edges away from sides of pan to form large pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist. (Do not overstir.) Spoon egg mixture into warm tortillas, and sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per taco with flour tortilla.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note