Just made this recipe for dinner, and my husband loved it. The only thing either of us thought was that it could use more spice. Next time I plan on throwing in some fresh jalapeno.
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.78
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 341mg
- Sodium: 682mg
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 ounces grated Cheddar
- Whisk together eggs, milk and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Warm vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tortilla strips and cook, stirring occasionally, until strips begin to crisp, about 2 minutes. Add pepper and onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add egg mixture, tomato and cheese to skillet. Cook mixture, stirring with a spatula, scraping up cooked eggs and allowing liquid to flow to bottom of pan, until eggs are set, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe also appeared in the August 2007 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note