More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper,cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 large plum tomatoes,peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 (5-inch) corn tortillas
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Sauté first 4 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomato, broth, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Cut tortillas into 1-inch strips; cut in half crosswise. Cook strips in large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Add eggs to skillet; cook over medium heat, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Draw a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and tortilla strips, and continue cooking until eggs are thickened but still moist (do not stir constantly). Remove from heat. Spoon vegetable mixture over egg mixture, and sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note