- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup packaged cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt, divided
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- Lemon wedges
- calories 291
- fat 14.5 g
- satfat 4.9 g
- monofat 5.8 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 27 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 74 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 569 mg
- calcium 66 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high. Position oven rack 6 inches below heating element.
Line a baking sheet with foil; set a wire rack on top of foil. Coat rack with cooking spray. Combine quinoa, onion, mint, 2 tablespoons yogurt, cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic, and next 5 ingredients (through paprika) in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add beef; pulse until well blended.
Divide mixture into 8 equal portions. Form 1 portion of beef mixture into a 3 1/2-inch-long patty around an 8-inch metal skewer; place on prepared wire rack. Repeat with remaining beef mixture. Place baking sheet in oven; broil 4 minutes. Turn skewers over; broil 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons yogurt, 1 tablespoon water, tahini, juice, honey, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Arrange cucumber and tomato on a platter. Top with kebabs; drizzle with sauce. Serve with lemon wedges.