I was a bit nervous by the amount of coverage of the seasonings on the chicken. It was completly covered. The flavor was not too strong though. It could have used some more salt. It is a good recipe, but nothing special.
Middle Eastern Chicken Skewers
Flavorful wet rub of olive oil and Middle Eastern spices For a bit of heat, add a dash of cayenne. Small vegetables, such as cherry tomatoes or baby onions, could be added to the skewers. Spices may be toasted for a smokier flavor: place all seasonings, including salt, in a dry skillet over low heat. Heat, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until aromatic. Cool and proceed with recipe. Whole chicken breasts can be used, with longer cooking at a lower temperature. Leftovers make an excellent chicken salad. W-S Journal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) boneless, skinlesss chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) groud coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) mustard powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) turmeric
- 1. Place bamboo skewers in a shallow bowl of water to soak while preparing the chicken.
- 2. In a large zip-close plastic bag, combine the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, paprika, mustard powder and salt. Close the bag and shake to blend the seasonings. Open the bag and add the chicken and olive oil. Close the bag, gently pressing out any air. Gently knead the chicken, working the seasonings and oil so they thoroughly coat all of the chicken.
- 3. Coat grill with oil or high-heat cooking spray. Preheat the grill on high.
- 4. Carefully place a chicken tender on each skewer. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until the meat reaches at least 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note