Microwave Risotto with Ham and Asparagus
Desperation Dinners W-S Journal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Arborio rice
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 cup(s) cubed (about 1/4 inch) ham
- 5 1/2 cup(s) fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) pencil-thin asparagus
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Place butter, oil and onion in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered on high, until butter melts and onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in rice, and microwave, uncovered on high, until rice begins to turn translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Stir in broth, cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap or use a lid, and microwave on high until mixture is at a full boil, 10 to 14 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, chop ham if necessary, and set aside. Rinse and snap tough ends off asparagus, and chop into 1/4-inch rounds. Set aside.
- 4. Remove the bowl from microwave, uncover, and stir well. Continue to microwave on high, uncovered, for 10 more minutes or until rice is almost done. Rice will be very moist and al dente in texture, but not soupy.
- 5. Stir in ham and asparagus, and continue to microwave, uncovered, until rice is done and asparagus is crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately. Serve additional cheese for topping at the table, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note