I know I wrote this down but I just think it's an awesome recipe :) You can use what ever kind of nut you like peanuts are also great and you can use what ever kind of chocolate you like :)
Microwave Pecan Turtles
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) Light or Dark Brown Sugar Lightly packed
- 1/2 cup(s) Light Karo Syrup
- 1/2 cup(s) Sweetend Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup(s) Butter Actual Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/12 cup(s) Pecan Halves Rough Chop
- 1/2 bag(s) Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup(s) White Chocolate Almond Bark Chopped
- 1. Take the first 7 ingredients and put in microwave safe bowl ( glass is best) then mix together. Place in microwave and cook on high for 6 mins stirring every 2 mins carefully because it will be hot.
- 2. While caramel is cooking lay out parchment paper to put your turtles on.( I put my parchment paper on cookie sheets so I can't move the turtles around easier)
- 3. When the caramel is done cooking (you can stop right here and just put the caramel in greased 9x9 baking dish and make regular caramels) pour in the pecans and stir for about two mins so it cools down some and doesn't spread out as much.
- 4. Start spooning the caramel mounds on to the parchment paper (about 1tbsp to 1 1/2 tbsp should do ). Let cool completely to set. If you're impatient put in the fridge for about 5 to 10 mins. (If they spread to much just pick them and shape them when they are cool enough to handle.)
- 5. In a microwave bowl mix the last 2 ingredients. Microwave on high for about 30 seconds stir then put back in microwave for 10 seconds stir repeat til chocolate is melted.
- 6. Take your cooled caramels coat in chocolate, shake off the excess chocolate then place back on parchment paper. Let chocolate set then enjoy. (Again if you are impatient place fridge until chocolate is set, for about 5 to 10 mins)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Natalietaff and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes