Microwave Pecan Brittle
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a 1 1/2-quart microwave-safe bowl, stirring well.
- Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes; stir in pecans. Microwave at HIGH 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in butter and vanilla; microwave 1 minute. Stir in soda until foamy.
- Pour mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet; cool on pan on a wire rack. Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This