This incredibly easy recipe is wonderful! We had to cook the toffee mixture slightly longer to make it harder, but it was wonderful. My daughter even made it for her 4-H Microwave cooking project and received a blue honor (the judge's only negative was it was too soft). It's so quick and easy that I'll will use this recipe often!
Microwave Peanut Toffee
Yield: Makes 1 pound
- 3/4 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup peanut butter-and-milk chocolate morsels
- Spread 1/2 cup chopped peanuts into a 9-inch circle on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Coat top 2 inches of a 2 1/2-quart glass bowl with butter; place remaining butter in bowl. Add sugar and 1/4 cup water. (Do not stir.) Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes or just until mixture begins to turn light brown; pour over peanuts on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with chocolate morsels; let stand 1 minute. Spread melted morsels evenly over peanut mixture, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped peanuts. Chill until firm. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container.
- Note: We used an 1100-watt microwave oven.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts