Michaels Ham & Potato Chowder
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 lbs ham (cubed)
- 8 medium potatos (w or w/o skin cubed)
- 4 lbs carrots (short cut or hand cut to 1 inch)
- 2 bags celery (cut 1 inch pcs)
- 2-3 bags frozen sweet corn
- 1 qt. half & half
- 2 sticks real butter
- salt, pepper and sweet basil (to taste)
- Fill stockpot halfway with water, add ham, bring to boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- While ham is simmering, cut vegetables as needed.
- Add potatos, carrots, celery and spices so that they all become el dente' at same time.
- Add corn, butter and half & half and bring to boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and slowly stir in potato flakes until desired thickness is reached. Do not make too thick. When desired thickness is reached, soup is done!
- Do not reheat in stockpot. Transfer into better pot or microwave.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mjjpc10655 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Michaels Ham & Potato Chowder Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews