Michael Strahan's Sweet Potatoe Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- 3-5 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 1/4 - 1 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 bag(s) mini marshmellows
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnimon
- 1 cup(s) pecans
- 1/4 cup(s) maple syrup
- Preheat oven 350 degrees roast pecans on sheet pan at 350 for 3-5 mins. until lightly toasted and allow to cool
- Boil (or bake) sweet potatoes until done. Remove peeling from HOT POTATOES and mash well, removing all strings.
- Add all ingredients but marshmallows and cinnamon; mix well.
- Spray or grease lightly Pyrex or Corning dish. Make a layer of sweet potatoes, then a layer of marshmallows, and another layer of sweet potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle cinnamon for added flavor.
- Bake about 350 degrees until HOT.
- Remove from oven and put marshmallows on top. Place again in oven to brown lightly.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with toasted pecans
- Serves 10 to 12.
- ** For creamier potatoes, you can add 1 cup of warm milk or 1 cup of warm chicken stock to the potato mixture **
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bumblesin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Michael Strahan's Sweet Potatoe Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables