- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 8 (1-ounce) slices day-old white bread
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, chopped Rome apple
- 1 cup peeled, chopped pear
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- calories 207
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fat 4.5 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 6.3 g
- carbohydrate 36.4 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 82 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 155 mg
- calcium 88 mg
How to Make It
Combine raisins and boiling water; let stand 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Trim crusts from bread. Cut each slice into 4 triangles; place in single layer in a 13-x 9-x 2-inch baking dish. Pour 1/2 cup milk over bread; let stand 5 minutes.
Carefully (bread will be soggy) arrange bread triangles in the bottom of a 10-inch quiche dish coated with cooking spray. Top with apple and pear. Place flour in a medium bowl; gradually add remaining milk, stirring with a wire whisk until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, cornmeal, lemon rind, and eggs; stir well. Pour milk mixture over apple and pear; top with raisins and grapes, and sprinkle with rosemary. Drizzle oil over mixture; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
Bake at 350º for 50 minutes or until set; cool on wire rack. Cut into wedges.