M.F.K. Fisher Memorial Cauliflower Casserole
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 252
- Calories from fat: 79%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 120mg
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- 1 cauliflower (about 2 1/2 lb.) or 2 quarts cauliflower florets
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded gruyère cheese
- 1. Break cauliflower into florets, discarding core and leaves. Rinse florets.
- 2. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until just tender when pierced, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 3. Drain cauliflower and arrange in a shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- 4. Add cream to the empty pan and boil over high heat until it's reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- 5. Drizzle cream over cauliflower, sprinkle with pepper, and cover evenly with cheese.
- 6. Bake in a 425° oven just until cheese is lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note