Mexican Wedding Cookies (Polvorones de Canele)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1-1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease cookie sheets. I used parchment paper instead.
- In a medium bowl, cream together 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture to form a stiff dough. Chill 1 hour. Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; roll balls in cinnamon mixture.
- ** HEB suggested cooking the cookies then rolling in mixture. They also used whole wheat flour; I did not.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until nicely browned. Cool cookies on wire racks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Wedding Cookies (Polvorones de Canele) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies