Easy and delicious. Would be fun (and messy) to make with kids.
Mexican Wedding Cakes
Prep and Cook Time: about 1 1/2 hours. Notes: This melt-in-your-mouth cookie is a classic. Store cookies airtight for up to 1 week.
Yield: Makes about 120 cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 35
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 0.4g
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 3.6g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Cholesterol: 4.1mg
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup minced walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on low speed, or in a food processor, beat or whirl butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, and the vanilla and flour until smooth and well blended. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls and place about 1 inch apart on buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 3. Bake in a 300° oven until cookies are pale golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes.
- 4. Place remaining 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Gently turn warm cookies in sugar, a few at a time, then set on racks to cool. When cool, coat cookies again with powdered sugar.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts