Excellent flavor--I sub'd a can of drained hominy for corn and used leftover spanish rice instead of plain rice. The hominy gave the dish added creaminess and the spanish rice zipped up the flavor. It was fabulous and served as an entree, not appetizer.
Mexican Vegetarian Casserole
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can whole tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) jar picante sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 (8-ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Combine first 8 ingredients, and spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This