Mexican Turkey Turnovers
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16-ounce) can refrigerated jumbo biscuits, split
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded colby-Jack cheese blend
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Toppings: sour cream, salsa
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in hot oil over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in chopped turkey, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning mix. Remove mixture from heat; let cool.
- Roll each biscuit half into a 6-inch circle. Spoon about 2 tablespoons turkey mixture, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 2 teaspoons green onions on 1 side of each circle; fold in half, sealing edges with a fork. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note