Mexican Style Shredded Chicken Breasts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) chicken breasts
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1/3 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1. Throw all the ingredients in a big saucepan and boil on high for 10 minutes.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid slightly open and simmer for 30-35 minutes
- 3. Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a bowl,leaving sauce in pan. It will be super tender at this point, so take a fork and slide it down the chicken,stab it, mash it until you have a ton of shredded chicken.
- 4. Pour 3/4 cup salsa into the chicken and use your hands to coat it.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by oooriotgrrrl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note