Mexican Style Shredded Chicken Breasts
I love this recipe because not only does it taste great, but you can fit 1 1/2-2lbs of chicken into one container and then separate as necessary for the following days meals.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) chicken breasts
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1/3 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1. Throw all the ingredients in a big saucepan and boil on high for 10 minutes.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid slightly open and simmer for 30-35 minutes
- 3. Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a bowl,leaving sauce in pan. It will be super tender at this point, so take a fork and slide it down the chicken,stab it, mash it until you have a ton of shredded chicken.
- 4. Pour 3/4 cup salsa into the chicken and use your hands to coat it.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by oooriotgrrrl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note