I brought this to a Mexican-themed girls dinner party and everyone loved it. The supermarket was out of cilantro (yes, really) so i subbed jn some fresh mint from my garden and it was delicious. When asked, it felt good to report that there was no oil or other heavy calorie dressing involved! I made the full recipe for 5 guests - everyone ate some and a few had seconds, but there was still a lot left over. It didn't keep all that well (the dressing sank and the avocados turned) so I ended up throwing the leftovers out. I will definitely make again, but next time will try to size down a bit if serving as a side dish.
Mexican-style Corn and Avocado Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 ear(s) corn
- 2 cup(s) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup(s) white onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado large, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1. In a large pot of boiling water, boil corn until cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes. When done, remove corn and add to a bowl of ice water.
- 2. Meanwhile, gently combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. When cool enough to handle cut corn kernels off cobs and add to salad. Toss gently to combine.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican-style Corn and Avocado Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads