Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Community Recipe from
- see below
- Yield: 4-5 stuffed peppers
- 4-5 bell peppers, tops and insides removed
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 jalapeno, seeds/ribs removed and diced
- 16 ounce jar salsa (we used Rick Bayless’ Frontera medium chunky salsa)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- big handful baby spinach, rinsed
- Greek yogurt, to garnish peppers
- cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Wash the peppers then carefully slice the tops off. To remove the insides, cut around the edges of the pepper then pull the center out with your hand. Try to get all the seeds out too. Place the peppers in a baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey over medium high heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, or until it’s cooked through. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon while it cooks. Add the taco seasoning, black beans (make sure they’re drained and rinsed), jalapeno and baby spinach. Stir to combine. Cook until the spinach just starts to wilt, another minute or so. Remove pan from heat and mix in the salsa. Start with about 3/4 of the jar then add the rest if you want it juicier. We used the whole jar.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the hollowed out peppers. Fill the peppers almost to the top, leaving just enough room for the cheese. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese on top of each pepper. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 30 to 45 minutes. The cheese should be melted and the pepper should soften. You can tent the baking dish with aluminum foil if the cheese is starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro on top.
- Source: A Live Love Pasta original
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melissa123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes