Mexican Street Corn
Recipe by fiveandspice.com
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cobs of corn
- 1 small lime
- 2 tablespoon(s) (heaping) mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) (heaped) cotija cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- tablespoon(s) salt and pepper
- 1 avocado chunks
- 1.There are two potential ways to prepare the corn. You can grill it by peeling off the husks, rubbing the corn with a bit of olive oil and throwing it on the grill, cooking and turning until it is tender and lightly charred on the outside. Then, once it has cooled enough, slice the kernels from the cobs. OR you can slice the kernels from the cobs while still raw, toss them with a bit of olive oil and spread them in a baking pan. Then, put them under the broiler until they are tender and caramelizing and making popping noises. Either way the corn will be excellent in the salad.
- 2.When your corn kernels are still warm but no longer piping hot, sprinkle them with some salt and pepper and toss them with the mayonnaise, the juice from the lime, the chili and cayenne. Then, fold in the cotija, and cilantro. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. And finally, when ready to serve, gently stir in the avocado chunks.
- 3.Serve warm, or keep in the refrigerator (it will keep for a couple days) and serve chilled. This is excellent as a light meal by itself, fried between tortillas as a quesadilla, or served alongside grilled meat or fish.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by girlerin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note