Mexican Skillet Supper
You can't beat a one-skillet supper when it comes to easy cleanup. Plus, these ingredients are items you probably already have on hand.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 14.5g
- Carbohydrate: 42.4g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 710mg
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Calcium: 54mg
- 2 (3 1/2-ounce) bags boil-in-bag brown rice (such as Success)
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1 (16-ounce) can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package 40%-less-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook brown rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
- While rice cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. (Drain if necessary, and return beef to pan.) Stir in beans and next 4 ingredients, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally.
- Serve beef mixture over rice, and top with sour cream and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note