This salad is always delicious. Add chicken to give protein boost.
Mexican Roasted Corn Salad With Buttermilk Dressing
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 218
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 297mg
- Calcium: 147mg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (regular or smoked)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 ears shucked corn
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk, well-shaken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 6 cups mixed greens
- Handful of flowering herbs, such as tarragon flowers, for garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Whisk together the lime juice, 2 teaspoons olive oil, ancho chile powder, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Place the corn on the prepared baking sheet, and brush with the lime mixture. Roast the corn for 30 minutes.
- 3. Remove corn from the oven. Adjust oven rack 4 inches from heat, and turn on broiler. Return corn to oven, and broil, turning, for 3 minutes or until browned in patches.
- 4. Whisk together buttermilk, grated Parmesan cheese, and remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. With a small, sharp knife, cut corn off cobs into a serving bowl; gently toss kernels with grape halves and mixed greens. Divide salad among 4 dinner plates. Garnish each with flowering herbs, if desired, and drizzle evenly with dressing; serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads