- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups milk, divided
- 2 (3.5-oz.) dark chocolate bars (at least 70% cacao), chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Pinch of salt
- Marshmallow Whipped Cream (optional)
How to Make It
Whisk together cornstarch and 1/2 cup milk until smooth.
Cook remaining 3 1/2 cups milk in a large, nonaluminum saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear around edge of saucepan (about 4 minutes; do not boil). Whisk in chocolate, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, chili powder, and salt until blended and smooth. Whisk in cornstarch mixture.
Bring milk mixture to a light boil, whisking frequently (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat. Let cool slightly. (Mixture will thicken as it cools.) Serve immediately with Marshmallow Whipped Cream, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ghirardelli Intense Dark Twilight Delight 72% Cacao dark chocolate bar.