Great side for Mexican meals! Just like a Mexican restaurant (minus whatever weird vegetable yours throws in). I always double the recipe, but I keep the tomato ingredients at a single serving (double everything else). I did this on accident the first time, but I loved the way in turned out. :)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: cilantro leaves
- Sauté rice in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This