Mexican Rhubarb Chocolate Chunk Brownies
courtesy Guy Fieri Food Network
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- For the rhubarb compote:
- 1 cup rhubarb, strings removed, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- For the brownie batter:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon New Mexico chile powder (not chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon dark rum
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Shortening spray, for baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the rhubarb compote: In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring rhubarb, water and sugar to a boil.
- When sugar is dissolved, lower heat to a simmer and cook until rhubarb is soft, about 10 minutes. Remove from
- heat and cool slightly. Puree in a blender until smooth, if necessary. The rhubarb should break down to a
- smooth compote.
- To make the brownie batter: In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, Chile powder, cinnamon and
- salt. Set aside. In a clean microwavable glass bowl, melt bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate together in
- the microwave at 50 percent power or in a double boiler. Set aside.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jfreuden and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Rhubarb Chocolate Chunk Brownies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts