Mexican Rancho Pinto Beans
For speed, start with canned beans. To cook your own dried beans, start with 2 pounds. If making up to 2 days ahead, cover and chill. Reheat in a microwave oven or stir occasionally over medium heat.
This recipe goes with Refried Beans with Spinach
More From Sunset
- Calories: 211
- Calories from fat: 5.2%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sodium: 793mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 firm-ripe to ripe tomatoes (1 lb. total), rinsed, cored, and chopped
- 1 onion (3/4 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 3 fresh Anaheim chilies (1/2 lb. total), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 6 cans (about 15 oz. each; 10 to 11 cups total) pinto beans, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat, combine tomatoes, onion, chilies, and garlic. Stir often until onion is slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Add beans. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until hot, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note