Mexican Quiche Cups
We liked this with tomatillo salsa as well as traditional tomato salsa.
Yield: Makes 1 dozen
- 4 (4-inch) chorizo sausage links (about 3/4 pound), chopped
- 2 (10-ounce) cans refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Salsa (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Cook chorizo sausage in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned. Drain and set aside.
- Roll or pat 1 can pizza crust dough into a 15- x 10-inch rectangle; cut into 6 (5-inch) squares. Press squares into a lightly greased 12-count muffin pan, skipping every other muffin cup. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 can pizza crust dough and another lightly greased 12-count muffin pan.
- Spoon sausage evenly into prepared cups; sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Stir together eggs and next 3 ingredients; pour evenly over cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
- Mexican Pizza: Unroll 1 can pizza crust dough, and press into a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Cook sausage as directed. Sprinkle sausage and cheese evenly over dough; top with egg mixture and 1 cup salsa. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until set. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Prep: 10 min., Bake: 20 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers