Mexican Potato Omelet
Ingredients 2 tablespoons 1 red-skinned potato (6 ounces), well scrubbed, halved, and thinly sliced 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 scallions, thinly sliced Coarse salt and ground pepper 8 large eggs 1 1/4 cups plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 2 tomatoes) 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (2 ounces) 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 bag(s) red-skinned potatoes
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- 2 stalk(s) scallions
- 8 whole(s) large eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 cup(s) coarsley chopped tomatoes
- 1.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch broiler-proof skillet over medium-low heat. Add potato, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and all but 1 tablespoon of the scallions; season with salt and pepper and cook 1 minute.
- 2.In a large bowl, beat eggs until well combined. Add 1/4 cup each tomato and cheese; stir to combine. Add remaining oil to pan, and pour egg mixture over the potatoes.
- 3.Preheat broiler with rack 4 inches from the heat. Meanwhile, cook eggs on the stovetop, lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath, until the center is almost set, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over the top, then broil in the oven until set, about 2 minutes.
- 4.In a small bowl, make a salsa by combining the remaining tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, and lime juice. Run a metal spatula around the edges of the pan and slide the omelette onto a platter. Serve cut into wedges with salsa.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tonyjuliano and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note