- 4 pocket breads (6 to 6 1/2 in.)
- 1 can (16 oz.) nonfat refried beans
- 6 ounces sliced grilled chicken breast or sliced grilled tender beef steak (see notes)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (7 oz.) diced green chilies
- 1 cup (1/4 lb.) shredded light or regular Mexican blend cheese or shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- About 3/4 cup tomato salsa
- Salt and pepper
- calories 487
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- protein 32 g
- fat 7.6 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- carbohydrate 74 g
- fiber 8 g
- sodium 2078 mg
- cholesterol 38 mg
How to Make It
Arrange pocket breads slightly apart on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet. Spread 1/4 of the beans evenly on each round.
Top beans equally with chicken, onion, chilies, and cheese.
Bake in a 425° regular or convection oven until pocket breads are crisp and cheese is melted, about 8 minutes (6 minutes in a convection oven). Transfer each round to a plate. Mound cabbage equally on rounds and top with cilantro. Serve tostadas with salsa and salt and pepper to add to taste.