- 1 cup lightly packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, romano, or dry jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 baked pizza crust (16 oz., 12 in. wide)
- 1/2 cup thick tomato salsa
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup canned sliced jalapeños, drained
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (6 oz.), peeled, pitted, and sliced
- calories 448
- caloriesfromfat 46 %
- protein 8.4 g
- fat 23 g
- satfat 7 g
- carbohydrate 48 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- sodium 738 mg
- cholesterol 23 mg
How to Make It
In a blender or food processor, smoothly purée cilantro, parmesan cheese, oil, ginger, garlic, and lemon juice. Add salt to taste.
Set pizza crust in a 12-inch pizza pan (or on a 12- by 15-in. baking sheet). Spread salsa evenly over crust. Drop cilantro pesto by the spoonful evenly over the pizza. Sprinkle with jack cheese, olives, and jalapeños to taste.
Bake in a 425° oven until cheese is bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Peel, pit, and slice avocado. Lay avocado slices on hot pizza. Cut into wedges.