- 8 ounces dried fusilli or rotelle pasta
- 6 green onions, ends trimmed
- 3 Roma tomatoes (about 1/2 lb. total)
- 2 fresh jalapeño chilies
- 1 red bell pepper (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (8 1/2 oz.) reduced-sodium kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- calories 222
- caloriesfromfat 15 %
- protein 8.7 g
- fat 3.8 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 4.2 g
- sodium 92 mg
- cholesterol 1.3 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta, uncovered, in 3 to 4 quarts boiling water until tender to bite, about 12 minutes. Drain, then rinse with cold water until cool; drain well.
While pasta cooks, chop the green onions and Roma tomatoes. Stem, seed, and mince jalapeños. Stem, seed, and cut the bell pepper into thin, short slivers.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, bell pepper, cilantro, and beans. Add the vinegar, oil, and cheese; mix well. Transfer to a serving platter. If desired, add salt to taste.