- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken thighs
- 1 pound boned pork shoulder or butt, fat trimmed, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slabs (see notes)
- 1 pound beef skirt steak, fat trimmed (see notes)
- About 1/3 cup orange-achiote marinade
- About 1/2 cup red chili sauce
- About 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- About 1 teaspoon pepper
- 10 to 12 green onions (6 to 8 oz. total), rinsed
- 10 to 12 fresh Anaheim (California or New Mexico) chilies (about 1 1/4 lb. total), rinsed
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 pound firm chorizo sausages (see notes)
- calories 396
- caloriesfromfat 57 %
- protein 33 g
- fat 25 g
- satfat 9 g
- carbohydrate 8 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- sodium 901 mg
- cholesterol 113 mg
How to Make It
Rinse chicken, pork, and beef; pat dry. Cut skirt steak crosswise into 6- to 8-inch lengths. If chicken, pork, or beef is thicker than 1/4 inch, place between sheets of plastic wrap and, with a flat mallet, gently and evenly pound to about 1/4 inch thick.
On a rimmed plate, coat chicken completely with orange-achiote marinade and layer thighs; on another rimmed plate, coat pork completely with red chili sauce and layer slices. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day (if marinating chicken and pork a day ahead, wrap beef airtight and chill). Shortly before grilling, lightly sprinkle both sides of beef with seasoned salt and pepper; set on a plate.
In a wide bowl, mix green onions and chilies with oil to coat. Set onions, chilies, and sausages on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level for only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning occasionally, until onions and chilies are well browned and sausages are browned on the outside and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for onions, 5 to 8 minutes for chilies and sausages. As done, transfer to a large board or platter.
Lay chicken, pork, and beef on grill; close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning once, until chicken and pork are no longer pink in the center and beef is done to your liking (cut to test), 5 to 8 minutes total. Transfer meat to board or platter with vegetables and sausages. Add more seasoned salt and pepper to taste.