Mexican Meatball Soup
Mexican Meatball Soup combines favorite Mexican flavors, veggies, and hearty meatballs. Kick this soup up a notch by using a can of diced tomatoes with chiles to add more south-of-the-border flavor to this one-dish meal.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 362
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Sodium: 889mg
- 8 ounces ground chuck
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Combine beef, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, 1/2 tsp. salt, chili powder, cumin and 2 Tbsp. water in a large bowl. Shape into about 18 1-inch balls.
- 2. Warm oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Working in batches, if necessary, brown meatballs on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes total (you don't have to cook them through).
- 3. Carefully add broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in carrots, zucchini, tomatoes and rice. Return to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until rice and meatballs are cooked through, about 20 minutes. Season with salt, stir in cilantro and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note