This was a tremendous hit! We had about 17 people for a Christmas family gathering and they cleaned every bowl of this soup. I had to omit the tomatoes for my mom who has an allergy but the taste was still wonderful.
Mexican Meatball Soup
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pound ground round
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 4 (14 1/2-ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- Stir together first 8 ingredients; shape into 1-inch balls.
- Bring broth and hot sauce to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add meatballs, a few at a time. Return to a boil; reduce heat, and skim foam from top. Add carrot and next 4 ingredients; simmer 25 minutes. Stir in cabbage, and cook 5 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews