Served this salad with chicken enchiladas to my family and everyone loved it! I did double the salad dressing and used about 3/4 of it during layering. Wasn't sure I'd like the cornbread in it, but it was good. Will definitely make again for family and friends.
Mexican Layered Salad
- 1 (9-ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Garnish: green onion curls
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions, adding chiles. Cool and crumble.
- Process light mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Layer a 4-quart bowl with half of shredded lettuce, half of crumbled cornbread, one-third of mayonnaise mixture, and half each of black beans, corn, shredded Cheddar cheese, and next 3 ingredients. Repeat layers. Top with remaining mayonnaise mixture. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: Don't forget to buy the other ingredients that you'll need to make the cornbread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Layered Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes