- 1 (9-ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Garnish: green onion curls
How to Make It
Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions, adding chiles. Cool and crumble.
Process light mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
Layer a 4-quart bowl with half of shredded lettuce, half of crumbled cornbread, one-third of mayonnaise mixture, and half each of black beans, corn, shredded Cheddar cheese, and next 3 ingredients. Repeat layers. Top with remaining mayonnaise mixture. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Note: Don't forget to buy the other ingredients that you'll need to make the cornbread.