- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (24-ounce) container low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 12 (5-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in corn and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Stir together cottage cheese and next 4 ingredients.
Arrange 6 tortillas on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon half of meat mixture over tortillas; top with cottage cheese mixture. Arrange remaining tortillas over cheese mixture; top with remaining meat mixture.
Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.