Made tonight, used flour tortillas and black beans instead of pinto (what I had at home). Was very delicous and definitley getting made again!
Let your lasagna go Mexican by layering ground beef and sausage with corn tortillas, tomatoes, green chiles, enchilada sauce, and cheese. It's a convenient weeknight dinner that the kids will love as much as the grownups.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 pound ground mild pork sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can jalapeno ranch-style pinto beans, drained
- 2/3 cup canned diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 9 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- Cook sausage and ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in beans and next 5 ingredients; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir together soups and enchilada sauce in a saucepan; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon one-third of sauce onto bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; top with 3 tortillas. Spoon half of beef mixture and one-third of sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with half of Cheddar cheese. Top with 3 tortillas; repeat layers ending with tortillas. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and next 3 ingredients.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Top with avocado.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note