This was delicious and had the perfect amount of heat.....definitely a new go to dish! Reheats well also....
Let your lasagna go Mexican by layering ground beef and sausage with corn tortillas, tomatoes, green chiles, enchilada sauce, and cheese. It's a convenient weeknight dinner that the kids will love as much as the grownups.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 pound ground mild pork sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can jalapeno ranch-style pinto beans, drained
- 2/3 cup canned diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 9 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- Cook sausage and ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in beans and next 5 ingredients; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir together soups and enchilada sauce in a saucepan; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon one-third of sauce onto bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; top with 3 tortillas. Spoon half of beef mixture and one-third of sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with half of Cheddar cheese. Top with 3 tortillas; repeat layers ending with tortillas. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and next 3 ingredients.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Top with avocado.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note